The Search Kit Extension is a graphical search query composer and display editor.
Search Kit meets a number of developer needs as searches can:
- be saved and exported,
- have any number of unique displays on their own,
- be connected to the dashboard, contact screen or individual URLs,
- have exposed filters for easy filtering,
- be the basis of a Smart Group,
- be used for your own entities custom created for your website,
- be packaged in an extension using Managed Entities.
The main entity in Search Kit is the
SavedSearch, which contains the APIv4 parameters needed for running the query.
Each SavedSearch can have zero or more Displays, which are stored in the DB as the
and rendered on the page as AngularJS components.
A SearchDisplay can be embedded in Afform create standalone pages, contact summary tabs, modal popups, or dashboard dashlets.