This is an overview list of all available hooks, listed by category.
- hook_civicrm_batchItems - called when a CSV batch export file is about to be generated.
- hook_civicrm_batchQuery - called when the query of CSV batch export is generated.
- hook_civicrm_caseChange - fires whenever a record in a case changes.
- hook_civicrm_caseTypes - defines available case types.
- hook_civicrm_post_case_merge - called after a case merge happens.
- hook_civicrm_pre_case_merge - called before a case merge happens.
- hook_civicrm_copy - called after a CiviCRM object (Event, ContributionPage, Profile) has been copied.
- hook_civicrm_custom - called after the database write on a custom table.
- hook_civicrm_managed - allows a module to declare a list of managed entities using the API.
- hook_civicrm_merge - allows modification of the data used to perform merging of duplicates. It can be useful if your custom module has added its own tables related to CiviCRM contacts.
- hook_civicrm_alterLocationMergeData - allows you to alter the location information that will be moved from the duplicate contact to the master contact.
- hook_civicrm_post - called after a db write on some core objects.
- hook_civicrm_postSave_table_name - called after writing to a database table that has an associated DAO, including core tables but not custom tables or log tables.
- hook_civicrm_pre - called before a db write on some core objects.
- hook_civicrm_triggerInfo - allows you to define MySQL triggers.
- hook_civicrm_referenceCounts - called to determine the reference-count for a record.
- hook_civicrm_entityTypes - called for declaring managed entities via API.
Extension Lifecycle Hooks¶
- hook_civicrm_disable - called when an extension is disabled.
- hook_civicrm_enable - called when an extension is re-enabled.
- hook_civicrm_install - called when an extension is installed.
- hook_civicrm_postInstall - called immediately after an extension is installed.
- hook_civicrm_uninstall - called when an extension is uninstalled.
- hook_civicrm_upgrade - called when an administrator visits the "Manage Extensions" screen to determine if there are any pending upgrades.
- hook_civicrm_alterAngular - alters the definition of some AngularJS HTML partials and allows you to inject AngularJS changesets.
- hook_civicrm_alterContent - invoked after all the content of a CiviCRM form or page is generated and allows for direct manipulation of the generated content.
- hook_civicrm_alterTemplateFile - invoked while selecting the tpl file to use to render the page.
- hook_civicrm_buildForm - invoked when building a form. It can be used to set the default values of a form element, to change form elements attributes, and to add new fields to a form.
- hook_civicrm_idsException - allows you to modify the list of form or page paths where submitted data should not be sent through PHPIDS, the intrusion detection system (IDS).
- hook_civicrm_postProcess - invoked when a CiviCRM form is submitted.
- hook_civicrm_preProcess - can be used to modify the behavior of a form before the
hook_civicrm_validate- (Removed) invoked during all CiviCRM form validation. An array of errors detected is returned. Else we assume validation succeeded.
- hook_civicrm_validateForm - allows you to customize the logic used to validate forms.
- hook_civicrm_alterEntityRefParams - called when an
entityReffield is rendered in a form, which allows you to modify the parameters used to fetch options for this kind of field.
- hook_civicrm_alterMenu - called when building CiviCRM's list of HTTP routes and should be used when you want to register custom paths or URLS.
- hook_civicrm_buildAmount - called when building the amount structure for a Contribution or Event Page, allowing you to modify the set of radio buttons representing amounts for contribution levels and event registration fees.
- hook_civicrm_caseSummary - called when the manage case screen is displayed, and it allows the injection of label/value pairs which are rendered inside divs underneath the existing summary table.
- hook_civicrm_contact_get_displayname - called to retrieve the display name of a contact, allowing you to return a custom display name.
hook_civicrm_customFieldOptions- Deprecated in 4.7 in favor of hook_civicrm_fieldOptions. Use that instead for modifying all option lists, not limited to custom fields.
- hook_civicrm_dashboard - called when rendering the dashboard page and can be used to add content to the dashboard page.
- hook_civicrm_dashboard_defaults - called while a contact views their dashboard for the first time and can be used to enable or disable the set of default dashlets.
- hook_civicrm_fieldOptions - allows you to dynamically modify the option list for any field (including custom fields).
- hook_civicrm_links - allows you to modify action links including: the actions at the end of a search result row, the Create New dropdown, and the Actions dropdown at the top of a contact record.
- hook_civicrm_navigationMenu - called after the menus are rebuilt.
- hook_civicrm_pageRun - called before a CiviCRM page is rendered.
- hook_civicrm_searchColumns - called after a search is done, allowing you to modify the headers and/or the values that are displayed as part of the search.
- hook_civicrm_searchTasks - called to display the list of actions allowed after doing a search, allowing you to inject additional actions or to remove existing actions.
- hook_civicrm_summary - called when the contact summary is rendered, allowing you to modify the summary with your own content.
- hook_civicrm_summaryActions - allows you to customize the context menu actions on the Contact Summary Page.
hook_civicrm_tabs- deprecated in 4.7 in favor of hook_civicrm_tabset.
- hook_civicrm_tabset - called when composing the tabs interface used for contacts, contributions and events.
- hook_civicrm_xmlMenu - called when building CiviCRM's menu structure, which is used to render urls in CiviCRM.
- hook_civicrm_alterMailContent - called after getting the content of the mail and before tokenizing it.
- hook_civicrm_alterMailer - called when CiviCRM prepares an email driver class to handle outbound message delivery.
- hook_civicrm_alterMailParams - called when an email is about to be sent by CiviCRM.
- hook_civicrm_emailProcessor - called after each email has been processed by the script
- hook_civicrm_emailProcessorContact - called by the Email Processor when deciding to which contact and activity will be attached.
- hook_civicrm_mailingGroups - called when composing a mailing allowing you to include or exclude other groups as needed.
- hook_civicrm_postEmailSend - called when an email has been successfully sent by CiviCRM, but not on an error.
- hook_civicrm_postMailing - called at the successful completion of a bulk mailing done through CiviMail.
- hook_civicrm_unsubscribeGroups - called when CiviCRM receives a request to unsubscribe a user from a mailing.
- hook_civicrm_aclGroup - called when composing the ACL to restrict access to civicrm entities (civicrm groups, profiles and events).
- hook_civicrm_aclWhereClause - called when composing the ACL where clause to restrict visibility of contacts to the logged in user.
- hook_civicrm_alterAPIPermissions - called when API 3 permissions are checked.
- hook_civicrm_permission - called to allow custom permissions to be defined.
- hook_civicrm_permission_check - called to dynamically alter permissions based on conditions or external criteria.
- hook_civicrm_selectWhereClause - called when executing a SELECT query.
- hook_civicrm_buildProfile - called while preparing a profile form. This form allows for extension authors to add various scripts onto the profile pages. Note that
hook_civicrm_buildFormis not fired for profile pages.
- hook_civicrm_buildUFGroupsForModule - called when ufgroups (profiles) are being built for a module.
- hook_civicrm_processProfile - called when processing a valid profile form submission (e.g. for "civicrm/profile/create" or "civicrm/profile/edit").
- hook_civicrm_searchProfile - called while preparing a list of contacts (based on a profile).
- hook_civicrm_validateProfile - called while validating a profile form submission.
- hook_civicrm_viewProfile - called while preparing a read-only profile screen.
- hook_civicrm_alterReportVar - used to add or modify display columns and filters.
- hook_civicrm_inboundSMS - called when an inbound SMS has been received, processed by the provider extension, but not matched or processed by CiviSMS.
- hook_civicrm_alterBadge - allows you to modify the content and format of name badges.
- hook_civicrm_alterBarcode - allows you to modify the content that is encoded in barcode.
- hook_civicrm_alterCalculatedMembershipStatus - called when calculating the membership status.
- hook_civicrm_alterLogTables - allows you to amend the specification of the log tables to be created when logging is turned on.
- hook_civicrm_alterMailingLabelParams - called to alter the parameters used to generate mailing labels.
- hook_civicrm_alterPaymentProcessorParams - allows you to modify parameters passed to the payment processor.
- hook_civicrm_alterSettingsFolders - allows modules and extensions to scan for settings in additional folders.
- hook_civicrm_alterSettingsMetaData - called when Settings have been loaded from the xml. It is an opportunity for hooks to alter the data.
- hook_civicrm_angularModules - generates a list of AngularJS modules and allows you to register additional AngularJS modules. It is currently experimental.
- hook_civicrm_apiWrappers - allows you to add, override, or remove methods to be called before and after api calls — and to modify either the parameters or the result of the call.
- hook_civicrm_buildAsset - fires whenever the system builds a semi-dynamic asset.
- hook_civicrm_buildStateProvinceForCountry - called during the ajax callback that is used to build the options that display in the State/Province select widget for a specific country, and can be used to alter the list of State/Province options for particular countries.
- hook_civicrm_check - called by the "System Check" api.
- hook_civicrm_config - called soon after the
CRM_Core_Configobject has been initialized.
hook_civicrm_contactListQuery- Deprecated in favor of hook_civicrm_apiWrappers.
- hook_civicrm_container - modifies the CiviCRM container allowing you to add new services, parameters, extensions, etc.
- hook_civicrm_coreResourceList - called when the list of core js/css resources is about to be processed, giving you the opportunity to modify the list prior to the resources being added, or add your own.
- hook_civicrm_cron - called every time the CiviCRM scheduler is polled.
- hook_civicrm_crudLink - Generate a default CRUD URL for an entity.
- hook_civicrm_dupeQuery - called during the dedupe lookup process, and can be used to alter the parameters and queries used to determine if two contacts are duplicates.
- hook_civicrm_eventDiscount - allows you to apply a customized discount to an event registration.
- hook_civicrm_export - allows to manipulate or change the output of CSV during export.
- hook_civicrm_fileSearches - allows you to add a reference to a file search service (e.g. Solr).
- hook_civicrm_geocoderFormat - allows you to manipulate the Address object during geocoding, for instance to extract additional fields from the geocoder's returned XML.
- hook_civicrm_import - called after contacts have been imported into the system, and before the temp import table has been destroyed.
- hook_civicrm_membershipTypeValues - called when composing the array of membership types and their costs during a membership registration (new or renewal).
- hook_civicrm_notePrivacy - provides a way to override the default privacy behavior for notes.
hook_civicrm_optionValues- deprecated in 4.7 in favor of hook_civicrm_fieldOptions.
- hook_civicrm_queryObjects - called while building the core search query, allowing you to provide your own query objects which alter or extend the core search.
- hook_civicrm_recent - called before storing recently viewed items.
- hook_civicrm_tokens - called to allow custom tokens to be defined.
- hook_civicrm_tokenValues - called to get all the values for the tokens registered.
- hook_civicrm_unhandledException - fires when an unhandled exception (fatal error) occurs.