Integrating events with your website¶
Listing your events on your website, or on other organisations' websites, is a great way to promote your events and attract registrants. Below are a few suggestions of how you can integrate your events into your website.
To get the link of the registration page of your event navigate to Events > Manage Events and then click Event Links. You will see a few different links in that menu. The two most useful are the link to the event info page and the event registration page (the registration page is also linked from the info page). Copy the URL for the event page. You can then link to this page from anywhere in your website.
Note that in Joomla! you can link to your event by following these steps:
- Go into the Joomla! control panel
- Choose Menu Manager > Your menu name
- Click New
- Expand CiviCRM > CiviCRM Events and click the Event Info item
- Choose the event from the Select an Event list on the right side of the page
- Click Save.
In WordPress you can also use the CiviCRM icon 'shortcode' to insert the event registration form into the Page or Post
In Drupal, the views module gives many options for displaying lists of content, including the ability to create an automatically updating lists of upcoming events. Have a look at Integrating with Drupal in the Website integration chapter for more details.
RSS feed for all upcoming events¶
This lets visitors subscribe to all your events in the RSS feed reader of their choice. Many website management systems also allow a website to subscribe to any RSS feed and present the information within their layout.
- Navigate to Events > Manage Events.
- Click on the orange and white square icon on the top right of the page.
- Copy the URL to share or embed into your website.