- Report template system
- anatomy of a report
- How to consume reports
This session is split into two. A short explanation of reports with accompanying demonstration, and then a set of exercises based on these reports.
Main points to get across. It probably helps to talk people through the interface when doing this, and to draw diagrams / list for them on the white board that reflect what you are saying.
- Reports are built on templates
- CiviCRM comes with a set of pre-defined templates
- There a few for each module
- If you can't find the report that you are looking for, you can commission a new report
Anatomy of a report
- Rows (also filters)
- Grouping (for summary reports)
- Graphs (for some summary reports)
Ways to access reports
- Add to menus
- Sent via email
Reports vs. Searching (5)¶
Talk about the differences between reports and searching, when you might use one or the other.
Learners should now complete the exercises.