Configuring Front-end Contact Dashboard in Joomla Sites¶
CiviCRM includes the ability to expose a Contact Dashboard which gives logged in front-end users the ability to view their subscribed groups, membership(s), contribution(s) and registered events. This section covers adding a link to this page to your front-end site menus.
Verify that the Contact Dashboard works properly in the your Joomla Administrator interface.¶
- Navigate to My Contact Dashboard - linked from the CiviCRM Shortcuts block on any CiviCRM page.
- You should see contact-related information for the contact that is linked to "your" (i.e. administrator) record.
Add "My Contact Dashboard" as a menu item using the Administrator Menu Manager¶
- Login to Administrator if not already logged in.
- Click Menu on top navigation bar and select the menu you want to add the link to (for example - mainmenu ).
- Click New icon (top right).
- Click Menu Item Type and select CiviCRM Dashboard from the civicrm section
- Enter a Name for the menu item (e.g. "Contact Dashboard").
Complete the remaining fields (Parent Item, Access Level, Published).
Do NOT use PUBLIC Access Level for this menu item. Users must be logged in to the front-end for this feature to work. Otherwise CiviCRM has no way to identify the person's contact record.
Click Save & Close.
Verify permissions are set correctly in CiviCRM¶
- Navigate to your CiviCRM Home.
- From the Administer menu, choose Users & Permissions , then Permissions (Access Control)
- Select Joomla Access Control
- Under Registered, l ook for CiviCRM: Access Contact Dashboard. Make sure this is set to Allowed.
- Scroll to the top and click Save & Close.