Roadmap of planned features¶
This roadmap may not always be up to date but gives an idea of what is planned and where funding/support is required.
Automatic import of subscriptions / payments¶
If we already have the Stripe customer in CiviCRM we can import subscriptions and one-off contributions that were created outside of CiviCRM (eg. via WooCommerce, Stripe Dashboard).
- Add a setting to control whether import should happen automatically.
- Update Stripe IPN code to automatically create:
- A recurring contribution when an unknown Stripe subscription ID is received.
- A contribution linked to a recurring contribution when an unknown invoice ID is received.
- A contribution when an unknown charge ID is received (that does not have an associated invoice ID).
- A payment linked to a contribution via charge ID / invoice ID.
This would require funding for approximately 12 hours work.
UI to map customers to CiviCRM contacts¶
Based on the existing
Stripe.Importcustomers API we can build a UI in CiviCRM that allows to manually
confirm and map Stripe customer IDs to CiviCRM contacts.
- Build a UI that lists Stripe customers which do not exist in CiviCRM.
- Provide options to:
- Confirm the auto-detected mapping.
- Manually find and map contact.
- Import all missing subscriptions/contributions for customer (up to certain date?).
This would require funding for approximately 16 hours work.
Payment Requests (Google / Apple Pay)¶
Card on File¶
Stripe supports saving cards and other payment methods. These can be retrieved, re-used and updated. We would like to provide support for re-using saved cards in CiviCRM.
- Develop a method to deduplicate payment methods (see eg. https://github.com/stripe/stripe-payments-demo/issues/45). Cards are duplicated by default and we need to clean this up before we can provide a UI to retrieve cards in CiviCRM.
- Build a UI to allow for selection of cards to use for making payment.
- Integrate card-selection UI into payment flow (so for example a form validation failure will remember the card you just entered and verified).
This would require funding for approximately 24 hours work.