Use the following steps to install CiviVolunteer.
- Administer > System Settings > Extensions
- Add New
- Sort by name
Find, download, and install both of these extensions:
CiviVolunteer requires this additional extension, Angular Profiles, in order to function properly.
If necessary, click Enable after the extension has been downloaded and installed. When the extension is enabled:
- CiviVolunteer should show up as green-highlighted.
- The option to Disable it will be present.
Discovering features after installing¶
After installing, CiviVolunteer's features can be found in the following places:
- A 'Volunteers' menu item
- A 'Volunteers' tab within the configuration for each event
- A 'Volunteer Report' report template
CiviVolunteer adds a handful of new permissions which should be configured within your CMS before using.
If you no longer wish to use CiviVolunteer, you may disable it, or uninstall it.
- Disable - will turn off CiviVolunteer's features, but preserve any data that you have created with it. If you re-enable CiviVolunteer later, you'll be back where you left off.
- Uninstall - can be done after disabling, and will completely remove all traces of CiviVolunteer, including the data created with it. If you re-install CiviVolunteer later, you'll be back to square one, before you ever installed it.