The CiviVolunteer extension provides tools for signing up, managing, and tracking volunteers.
- Define multiple volunteer projects.
- Allow volunteers to:
- Manually assign volunteers to shifts
- Log and report on volunteer hours
This documentation book provides assistance to users, administrators, and developers of CiviVolunteer.
- GitHub repository
- Release downloads (within CiviCRM.org's extensions directory)
- Issue tracking (in a Jira project)
- Q&A on StackExchange (with the
- CiviCRM 4.4 or higher
- The Angular Profiles extension must also be installed and enabled
- Before 4.7.21, extension permissions did not work properly in Joomla (see CRM-12059). CiviCRM would recognize extension-defined permissions but not give site administrators any way to grant them to users.
- Going forward there are some great ideas on the drawing board for phase 2 including: specification of qualifications and skill-matching, linking volunteer opportunities directly to an organization or individual, recurring volunteer opportunities, public recognition / rewards, and self-service logging of volunteer hours.
- If your organization has a invested in a CiviCRM installation, and you foresee a need for CiviVolunteer, consider donating to the ongoingdevelopment of CiviVolunteer through the Make it Happen program.
- Developers within organizations that would like to use CiviVolunteer are more than welcome to participate in the development and testing effort. Contact us via the project's GitHub repository, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-223-6609.