The following components must be installed on the server:
Note that CiviOffice requires at least CiviCRM Core 5.44.
Verifying successful unoconv installation¶
unoconv --version prints out the unoconv version, your installation was
Installing the extension¶
This extension needs to be installed manually into CiviCRM. It is not (yet) available from the built-in extensions catalog.
First, download an official release archive from the release page. Unpack the
archive and move the directory into your extensions directory (e.g.,
.../civicrm/ext/; you can find the exact location in your CiviCRM settings (
Next, open the extensions page in the CiviCRM settings (Administer/System Settings/Extensions). Find the extension CiviOffice in the Extensions tab and click on Install. The extension will be set up.
Basic configuration steps¶
- Go to Administration -> Administration Console -> Communication -> CiviOffice
/civicrm/admin/civioffice/settingsto set up your document stores, renderers and editors
- The documents used in CiviOffice can be managed
/civicrm/civioffice/document_upload. Currently you need to add that link to the navigation menu manually.
- Assign the permission "Access CiviOffice" to user roles as needed.
- Optional: Create an activity type such as "Created Document (CiviOffice)"
If the web server's user and the unoconv user are not identical, these permissions must be set. Otherwise unoconv/libreoffice cannot be used as a converter in CiviOffice.
Dependencies and configurations for extended functionalities¶
- in order to integrate with the Donation Receipts extension, install de.systopia.donrec 2.1+ and select the template you want to use for cover letters in the extension settings
- to send CiviOffice documents as email attachments, install de.systopia.mailattachment 1.0+ and:
- for contacts and contributions, install de.systopia.mailbatch 2.0+
- for participants, install de.systopia.eventmessages 1.1+