The component CiviCampaign provides basic functions to link contributions with campaigns. Thus, it enables users to determine the success of a campaign e.g. in regard to „return on investment“. Such data is most important to fundraisers in order to evaluate and adapt their fundraising strategy.
However, the possibilities for analyzing the outcome are very limited – e.g. there are no functions to record costs involved with a campaign action or the campaign's budget. Also, there is no campaign hierarchy which means that planning more complex campaigns (e.g. a parent campaign consisting of subsequent actions such as several online mailings, offline mailings and events) and analyzing their outcome afterwards is hardly possible without additional external tools.
As a result, within CiviCRM there is no efficient way to plan complex campaigns (including subsequent campaign actions, costs, budgets, fundraising goals...), or to analyze the success and costs of campaigns and their subsequent actions. This is a big deficit as this data constitutes the basis for a goal-oriented development of the organization's fundraising and overall strategy.
The project aims at enhancing CiviCRM capabilities for strategic fundraising, campaigning and reporting in the following ways:
Providing a campaign hierarchy¶
- Creating the possibility for parent and child campaigns
- Adapting the user interface for creating and viewing existing campaigns (e.g. a hierarchical „tree view“ and possibilities for filtering
- Creating functions that simplify campaign management (such as copying complete campaigns including subsequent campaigns and adapting campaign dates)
Adding campaign fields and functions¶
- Fields/function for adding categorized costs (such as postal fees, printing costs...)
- Function to calculate the overall costs of of a single campaign and its child campaigns/actions