Adding and saving new greeting fields¶
- Click on Administration and select Administration Console.
- In the section Communication click on MoreGreetings.
- At the very top, enter the desired number of new greeting fields to be created in the field Number of fields.
- Define the desired new rule or function in the respective greeting field using Smarty.
- Click the Save button to save the newly created greeting field(s).
Updating new greeting fields¶
- After adding a new greeting field, press the button Save & Apply to all contacts. The content of the greeting fields will be automatically updated for all contacts in CiviCRM.
Renaming greeting fields¶
- From the Administer menu, select Customize Data and Screens and select Custom Fields.
- Go to the Custom Field Set Additional Greetings.
- For this entry, click on the View and Edit Custom Fields command.
- Go to the greeting field whose field name you want to customize.
- There, select the Edit Field function.
- Enter the desired name in the Field Label input field and confirm with Save.
- When you have entered all the field names as desired, click the Done button in the list of greeting fields.
Showing the newly created greeting fields¶
- Select a contact in CiviCRM. A custom field set labeled Additional greetings with the new greeting field(s) appears.
Write-Protecting the content of a newly defined greeting field¶
- Select a contact in CiviCRM.
- Switch to the custom field set Additional greetings.
- Click the Edit button next to the greeting field whose content you do not want to change.
- Check the Write Protection box to the right of the desired field.
Usage in documents and emails (mail merge) As with CiviCRM's regular¶
greetings you should have a token menu from which you can select the desired greeting when editing an email or a template.