If you are working with MailBatch, the first step is to select the desired contacts to whom you want to send a mail.
- Filter out and select the desired contacts using a search function.
- From the Action list box, select the function Send emails (via MailBatch).
Choosing e-mail settings¶
In MailBatch, you can specify certain settings with regard to the e-mail addresses and batch size.
- Select the desired sender e-mail address. This is a required field.
- Decide whether you want to take a contact in copy (Cc) or blind copy (BCc).
- Enter the desired reply-to e-mail address, if applicable.
- Select the desired batch size. This is a required field.
Selecting a message template¶
You generally create message templates in CiviCRM via the Mailing templates function from the Mailings menu.
- Select the appropriate template for the e-mail to be sent.
Specifying file attachment¶
With MailBatch you can specify different mail attachments for e-mail to be sent. If the desired e-mail attachment is not found or cannot be attached, you can allow MailBatch to send the mail anyway.
- Select the appropriate attachment type for the e-mails (e.g. File On Server).
In Mailbatch you can define in which way the sending of the mails is treated as an activity.
- If necessary, define the activity if the sending of the e-mail was successful.
- Specify the name of this activity.
- If necessary, set the activity if the e-mail was not sent successfully.
- Specify the name of this activity, if applicable.
- If necessary, set the activity if there was no e-mail address for a selected contact.
- Specify whether you want to assign the activity to a specific person, if applicable.
- Set the structure of the activity.